Within the structure and organization of the Club, the sports area is part of the organization's organization chart with its Sports Directorate and Secretary. On both depends programming, calendars, coordination, technification, administration, organization of competitions and processing of sports licenses among others. At the same time, the School of Sailing, Fleets and School Sailing are the three main areas of activity for all sports personnel (instructors, judges and trainees).
The Sailing School of the Club Vela Blanes, approved by the RFEV and the FCV since 1992, currently has a scope that exceeds the region itself. Currently working with neighboring regions: Marseme and Gironés, and in the future it is intended to reach all the regions of the province of Girona (respecting the identity of the rest of nautical clubs and sailing schools of the Girona coast, with a spirit of collaboration with them), and the regions of Vallés Oriental and Occidental in the province of Barcelona.
The fact of being part of the Sports Tourism brand for the third consecutive year makes it possible to consolidate the Sailing School with the aim of reaching a large number of practitioners per year (including the candle accessible for the disabled). In this sense, the Club Sailing School contemplates the nautical sport within the educational system and as a complement to the tourist offer.
Obviously, in this sense it is necessary to articulate a complex organization chart of technicians and professionals who take care of these athletes, with special follow-up to those with clear options to achieve relevant sports events. These professionals currently work in training courses for professionals in the sport of sailing to access to labour market once they have passed the academic training requirements.
Regarding equipment and personnel to meet the needs of the entire volume of sailing practitioners we are talking about, the Sailing School currently has:
- 1 Technical Director/Head of Instructors (Technical Instructor) JUANMI AGUIRRE.
- 1 Sports Secretary Administrative Head (JOSÉ LUÍS YUBERO).
- 2 Technical Instructors
- 2 Technical collaborators.
- 2 Trainee instructors.
- 5 Pneumatic Launches (2 x 25 and 30 HP ZODIACs / 2 x 25 and 30 HP/VALLIANT 1 x 60 HP VSR)
- 5 Collective boats (3 Raqueros and 2 leisure)
- 8 Individual boats (8 Optimist)
- 4 Double boats (4 x RS)
- Regatta Committee boats (VILA BLANES)
- Sets of the International Code of Flags and FCV (Catalan Sailing Federation) regatta judge’s case.
- 1 Sailing School Office
- 1 Multipurpose classroom with TV and DVD
- Changing Rooms
- 8 Sets of buoys (complete with grapnel anchor and anchoring) and 4 small buoys
- 2 Radio stations and 7 walkie-talkies
- 1 Storeroom for material, 2 closed hangars (Optimist) and enclosed space for grounding (Europas and Snipes) + Area windsurf boards.